Strategies for Effective Applicant Tracking in HRIS
The human resources information system (HRIS) is a software that allows organizations to store and track employee data. Many HRIS systems have applicant tracking features, which can be used to streamline the hiring process. What is a ATS
There are several strategies that HR professionals can use to make the most of the applicant tracking features in their HRIS. First, they should ensure that the system is properly configured to meet their needs. Second, they should use the system to track not only job applicants, but also internal candidates. Lastly, they should use the system to keep track of the hiring process, from job postings to interviews to offers.
By following these strategies, HR professionals can use their HRIS to make the hiring process more efficient and effective.
- Define your needs – what are you looking to achieve with an applicant tracking system?
- Research your options – what features do different applicant tracking systems offer?
- Consider ease of use and implementation – how easy will the applicant tracking system be to use and implement for your team?
- Pricing – what is your budget for an applicant tracking system?
- Data security – how important is data security and privacy to you and your organization?
- Support – what type of support does the applicant tracking system provider offer?
- Test it out – try out the applicant tracking system to see if it meets your needs.
Define your needs – what are you looking to achieve with an applicant tracking system?
There are a few key things to keep in mind when thinking about what you want to achieve with an applicant tracking system:
- Eliminate paperwork and wasted time spent on review processes
- Streamline your recruitment strategy by automating key tasks
- Make it easier to find the best talent by using powerful search tools
- Make it easier to stay compliant with regulatory requirements
- Improve communication and collaboration between hiring managers and recruiters
- Get insights into your recruiting performance with data-driven reports.
Defining your needs is the first step to finding the right applicant tracking system for your organization. By taking the time to understand what you want to achieve, you can set your organization up for success.
Research your options – what features do different ATS offer?
Through your research you will likely come across a wide variety of features offered by different applicant tracking systems. Different systems may offer features that appeal to you more than others. Some of the features you may want to consider are:
- The ability to post job openings to popular job boards with one click
- The ability to track where each applicant found the job listing
- The ability to track which jobs each applicant has applied to
- The ability to attach resumes, cover letters, and other documents to each applicant’s profile
- The ability to leave notes and comments on each applicant’s profile
- The ability to rate and rank each applicant
- The ability to set up automatic email alerts to notify you when new applications come in
- The ability to run reports on your applicant data
Consider ease of use and implementation – how easy will the ATS be to use and implement for your team?
The easiest applicant tracking system to use is one that is designed with the user in mind. The system should be easy to navigate and use, and it should be designed to be used by the people who will be using it the most. The system should also be easy to implement, and it should be designed to be used by the people who will be using it the most.
Pricing – what is your budget?
Pricing for an applicant tracking system (ATS) can vary depending on the features and functionality you require. A basic ATS may be offered free of charge by your HRIS provider, while a more comprehensive solution may come at a monthly or annual subscription fee. It is important to consider what you need from an ATS and compare pricing options before making a purchase.
Many ATS providers offer a free trial period, which can be a great way to test out the features and see if it is a good fit for your organization. Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the free trial carefully before signing up, as you may be required to provide credit card information. If you decide to purchase an ATS, be sure to get a written contract that outlines the terms of your agreement.
Data security – how important is data security and privacy to you and your organization?
Data security and privacy are of utmost importance to any organization. Numerous steps must be taken in order to ensure that data remains secure, both in transit and at rest. First and foremost, all data must be encrypted. Second, access to data should be restricted to only those individuals who absolutely need it. Lastly, all data should be backed up regularly to prevent loss in the event of a breach.
Support – what type of support does the applicant tracking system provider offer?
Once you’ve selected an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), it’s important to make sure that you have access to adequate support in case you run into any problems. The best ATS providers will offer support via phone, email, and/or live chat 24/7. They will also have a robust knowledge base that you can access to find answers to common questions. In addition, the best ATS providers will offer some type of guarantee, such as a money-back satisfaction guarantee, to ensure that you’re happy with the product.
Test it out – try it out to see if it meets your needs.
The first step is to create a list of criteria that the applicant tracking system must meet in order to be effective for your company. Once you have this list, you can begin to research and compare different applicant tracking systems.
Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is time to test them out. The best way to do this is to create a test account and use it to apply for a few jobs. This will give you a chance to see how easy or difficult the system is to use and how well it tracks applicants.
After testing out a few applicant tracking systems, you should have a good idea of which one is right for your company. Remember to take into account your company’s specific needs when choosing an applicant tracking system.
To sum up…
There is no question that applicant tracking is a complex and time-consuming process. However, by using an HRIS to streamline the process, organisations can save a considerable amount of time and money. By using an HRIS to screen and track applicants, organisations can identify the best candidates more quickly and efficiently. In addition, by using an HRIS to manage the applicant tracking process, organisations can improve their ability to comply with legal requirements.