HR compliance check list for Small Business
It is important for all Small businesses to know how and when to comply with regulations and legislation. It is not easy to stay up to date with the requirements being forced upon Small Businesses these days.
We have put this list of checks together to help our reader.
The following is a list of items you can use as a Check list to ensure your business is compliant for all HR regulations.
What do you need to do to be compliant:
- You need to register with SARS (PAYE)
- You need to register with UIF Registration
- You need to register with COIDA Registration
- You need to register with SDL if Payroll is more than R500k per year
- You need to display the EEA and BCEA in the workplace
- Performing work as per section 12 of the OHSA, you will need a Health and Safety Representative for more than 20 employees.
- You need to have a recently stocked First Aid Kit
- You need to have someone on site who can administer first aid with a valid first aid certificate.
- If you have more than 50 Employees or your turnover is above the threshold? You need to submit an Employment Equity Plan
- You need to have Contracts of employment in place for all employees. (Contractors and Permanent)
- Although not required, it is best practice to have Basic HR Policy and Procedure in place.
- Your HR practices need to be in accordance with the EEA.
- You need to submit a Workplace Skills Plan and an Annual Training Report if you pay SDL levies.
- All employee Leave must be recorded monthly, and the periods commence from the date of engagement.
- You need to ensure that you are knowledgeable about the BCEA in South Africa. Get a copy from our Download page
Acronyms Used in the Check List:
EEA – Employment Equity Act
BCEA – Basic Conditions of Employment Act
SARS (PAYE) – South African Revenue Services – Pay as You Earn Tax
UIF – Unemployment Insurance Fund
COIDA – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
SDL – Skills Development Levy
OSHA – Occupational Health and Safety Act
#HRCompliance #HR #Jobs #Career #Culture #Jobinterviews #jobseekers #hiring #jobsearch #Tips #SmallBusiness #LetsWork #Projectmanagement #Managementconsulting #Future #Markets #Startups #Partnerships #Consultants